Visa Application for South Africa Students
Source: Embassy of the People`s Republic of China in the Republic of South Africa
>> Basic requirements
>> Two kinds of students visa
>> Visa fee
In accordance with the "Law of the People's Republic of China on Entry and Exit of Aliens" and other relevant regulations, the aliens who apply for Chinese visas are required to fulfill the following procedures:
1. Basic requirements
(1)One completely filled out visa application form; all blanks on the application form should be filled in with genuine information;
(2)One recently taken 2X2 inch photo showing entire face and without a hat on. Please affix the photo to the application form;
(3) Original passport with at least 2 blank visa pages and valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of application.
2. Two kinds of students visa
X1-Visa（Issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days.）
(1) Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities in China.
(2) Original and photocopy of "Visa Application for Study in China" (Form JW201 or Form JW202).
(3) Personal written statement (covering letter with details as follows: place to visit, name, address and contact number of the school or entity of admission).
(4)Other documents required by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General.
SICAS kindly remind you that:
Holders of X1 Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of their entry, apply to the exit/entry administrations of public security organs under local people's governments at or above the county level in the proposed places of residence for foreigners' residence permits.
X2-Visa（Issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days.）
(1) Original and photocopy of Admission Notice issued by a school or other entities in China.
(2)Personal written statement (covering letter with details as follows: place to visit, name, address and contact number of the school or entity of admission).
(3) Other documents required by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General.
3. Other requirements
The applicant born in China who applies for Chinese visa for the first time with his or her new foreign passport is required to submit his or her Chinese passport or old foreign passport.
4. The Embassy is entitled to request the applicant to provide other relevant documents or to reject the application in accordance with the Law and international practices.
5. Applicants are required to check the documents carefully. You will bear all the responsibilities if you do not complete the visa application form truthfully.
From 3 May 2010, the Embassy of the People's Republic of China will not accept cash payment for visa/ passport/ notarization/ authentification fees.
Applicants are kindly required to:
1)Do deposit or bank transfer into our account in FNB;
2)Pay through a speed point machine in our office at collection window;
3) Pay by cheque in our office at collection window (cheque payment are not recommended because the process of cashing may take long). Payment should be made before the date of collection so that we can verify with the transaction history of our account issued by FNB. Please note that payment on the date of collection may result in passport/visa releasing declined.
For collection, applicants are required to present the Pick-up Form and proof of payment.
7. Visa fee
Related news and events :
Study Visa and the Preparation Documents for International Students
New Changes in Visa & Residence Permit Application